Friday, July 29, 2005

Fixed Income Securities


Bond math Posted by Picasa

Tried to crack open the books again this week. Went to study session 15-16 on fixed income securities. Found the subject really fascinating.. it was very intuitive yet had some very good concepts that I had never thought of - convexity, duration, price-yield curve, Yield to maturity, etc.

Anyways, I couldn't understand some of the concepts by just reading, so decided to use my FE skills (hey I need to do this more often now, isnt it?) to write a small function on bond valuation in MATLAB (see figure). Looks like this may be my first program in Financial engineering. A simple 5 line code, but it did give me a lot of insight into a powerful concept.

2 Comments:

Blogger Quantjock said...

wow.. you are right on target. I am only done halfway. Tried to study derivatives this week and found it hard. But I have been very lax, will pick up steam from Sept.

10:13 AM, August 22, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:17 PM, October 11, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home