Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Need Latex in school?

I have been using MS word for the past few years at work. I like Word, but dont like its equations editor. In school, earleir, I shied away from LaTEX (which was a hit among my friends in Math, sciences, electrical engineering, and others), and stuck to another program called Framemaker (acquired by Adobe later..).

I love the LaTEX produced documents though, especially the clarity of the mathematical formulae (I know this is going to be a very geeky post, I can almost feel it).

I just starting playing with LaTEX for windows - MikTEX along with a editor Winedt (install in that order) and got started on some rudimentary LaTEX. The question is - do I need it for my MFE course? Probably not, but then it may help in those SDE homeworks.. :)-

Here are some tutorials to get started:
Basic tutorial
List of Links

2 Comments:

Blogger Quantjock said...

thats great info.. Londoner!!
Thansk I will check it out. Btw, what your background?

Cal has SW on their PCs, but I guess I need some stuff for my laptop as well.

1:58 PM, January 05, 2006  
Blogger Quantjock said...

Great idea.. would be great to see others blogging on their MFE/MSc experience, esp vis-a-vis London (the City apparently hires more Qunats than NYC.. is that true??)

5:29 PM, January 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home