Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Job Fair.. and classes

I had a chance to attend an MFE job fair in San Francisco. While this was held primarily for the current class, I was glad that I attended because it gave me a good chance to understand the different companies who recruit from UCB. There was a fair share of different types of companies - main groups broadly were - IBanks, Asset managers, Analytic software companies, and economic and financial consulting firms. I had a chance to interact with some recruiters and also current MFE students. The general consesus is that this was a great year to be in finance - hiring is up!! I do hope it stays that way.

Pre-term classes are going underway as well. I am really lagging behind in Corporate finance. When each lecture covers about 3-4 chapters of Brealy Myers book, it is very hard to keep up. However, I am finding that going through the lecture slides is more than sufficient to pick up on the basics and the book serves more as case study material.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home